New year, new you! It’s time to start thinking about your new year and, more importantly, your freelance writing career and the changes you want to make. Of course, this means you must come up with resolutions to help you move forward with your goals.
A freelance writer should always be aware of what they can do better to avoid ending up stale or uninspired. You can grow your business, establish new clients, and earn even more as a freelancer. Here are some great New Year’s resolutions for freelance writers in 2023! Check them out below.
- Write about the topics you love.
- Write every day.
- Set a daily writing word count.
- Read more books on writing, freelancing, and creativity.
- Read more novels, short stories, and creative essays.
- Read poetry.
- Research your top niches.
- Take an online course.
- Sign up for a writing workshop.
- Learn a new skill.
- Try a different tone of voice.
- Experiment with different writing formats.
- Write some fiction.
- Find more creative outlets.
- Build a following online.
- Optimize your social media profiles.
- Carry a notepad and write when inspiration strikes.
- Grow your network.
- Proudly share your work.
- Refresh your portfolio.
- Review your expenses.
- Raise your fees.
- Practice self-care.
Start the year off on the right foot. We hope these New Year’s resolutions inspire you to make a massive shift in your perspective and freelancing career this year.