I’m always looking for ways to grow my skills and knowledge. I’m constantly trying to stay ahead of the curve and on top of the latest trends and technologies. As 2023 approaches, I’ve decided to focus on five essential freelancing skills that I want to boost. I’m excited to see what I can accomplish and how my skill set will evolve over a year.
The first freelancing skill I want to hone is copywriting. It is a skill that is essential for anyone involved in marketing, advertising, and content creation. It is the art of crafting persuasive words that get people to take action. In 2023, I want to create compelling pieces that drive conversions. This can be accomplished by sharpening my copywriting for my clients and marketing efforts.
- Read copywriting books
- Take a copywriting course
- Study the work of experienced copywriters
The next skill I want to enhance is graphic design. It’s critical for freelancers who create visually appealing content. This year, I want to refresh my design skills to create stunning visuals without heavily relying on templates.
- Take massive open online courses on graphic design fundamentals
- Experiment with Canva
- Design social media graphics without using templates
The third freelancer skill I want to improve is project management. It’s essential for any creative professional to successfully manage their projects and ensure they are completed on time and within budget. More importantly, I want to help manage projects for my clients to gain more skills and experience.
- Learn more about project management online
- Study intermediate and advanced project management methods
- Make the most out of Taskade, my task management tool
Search engine optimization
A skill that I also want to sharpen in 2023 is search engine optimization (SEO) so that I can drive more organic traffic to my website. Next year, I plan to optimize my portfolio website and blog posts, so they rank higher in search engine result pages.
- Take online courses on basic SEO
- Optimize my website and blog posts for higher search rankings
- Consider investing in SEO tools for my website
Social media marketing
The last skill I want to work on is social media marketing. I want to increase my visibility on Instagram and LinkedIn and gain a solid understanding of making the most of my presence on both platforms.
- Consistently publish social media content
- Try the different features and content formats on Instagram
- Boost my presence on LinkedIn
I’m excited to boost my skill set in 2023 and see what I can accomplish. I’m confident that, by honing these skills, I will be able to gain a larger following, win more clients, and grow my online presence.
If you’re looking to improve your skills in the new year, I hope this article has given you some ideas to get started. Take time honing skills that will help you grow your business and succeed as a freelancer. Good luck!